Sign in to follow this  
LeviA

Is there a way to condense masked items into the viewable area, rather than keep unused/invisible items?

For instance...If I make a pattern of Stars...and place it within a circle...is there an easy way to cut out all the unused stars not shown on the circle?

Hi LeviA,

Currently no. You can duplicate the circle and intersect the starts with it (after turning them - the stars - into a single object using an Add boolean operation). But why would you want to do this? Vector patterns/objects don't add much to file size and it's always nice to have the whole pattern available in case you need to change/reposition it later... Am i missing something?

Hi LeviA,

Currently no. You can duplicate the circle and intersect the starts with it (after turning them - the stars - into a single object using an Add boolean operation). But why would you want to do this? Vector patterns/objects don't add much to file size and it's always nice to have the whole pattern available in case you need to change/reposition it later... Am i missing something?

It is primarily for size...if it helps with memory...if unused patterns slow down the processor...but if it doesn't...it is a moot point then. Thanks.