You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.2.69

The 1.5.2 Photo customer beta has finished, please read this post

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40094-affinity-photo-customer-beta-15269/&p=201007

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that could be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Removed new Wacom implementation, and reverted to original implementation. This will hopefully return improved in a future version.

Installed smoothly, no problem so far. Wacom tablets works very well (worked well also in .66)

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Never had a problem with the download speed, actually it's been pretty fast so far.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Download is on average 10 mins here

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Beta 69 installed without problems and is running well  :) 

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

This Beta is far more stable. It is now possible to stop processes taking too long without Task Manager's help though it does take time. There is much to like. The download time might have been due to peak time but how does one know? This is rural Spain with 6Mb speeds, the new Beta arriving immediately after my return from more civilised internet zones. Inconsiderate!!! 23 seconds - wow! It runs well though. Still much to explore

Michael

Download time 35 sec

Startup 37 sec - load JPG (10 MB) 10 sec - load RAW-CR2 (18 MB) 55 sec

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

Startup 10 secs, load 60MB CR2 from 5DsR 20 secs.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Quick startup here too, 11 secs. Download of the file took 20 seconds here in Canada (120 MB Download speed)

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Can't install these betas AP and AD with error: "administrative rights needed to install into this directory" - I am the only admin on the Win10 PC and also tried starting the installer with elevated rights. Any ideas? This is the first time this happens with an Affinity installer. 

Edit: strange, after uninstalling the previous beta the folders were still there and could not be deleted. I used an unlocking tool and was able to delete the folders. After that I could install the new betas. 

• Staff

This beta has been replaced by the public release of Photo 1.5.2.69 (which has the same fixes as this beta build) . If you have purchased Photo it is available to download from your account and as a patch from within the program. Please run the application and follow the instructions to download the software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon