You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.5.3.69

The 1.5.3 Desinger customer beta has finished, please read this post

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40093-affinity-designer-customer-beta-15369/?p=201003

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Designer version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that could be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Removed new Wacom implementation, and reverted to original implementation. This will hopefully return improved in a future version.

Installed smoothly, no problem so far. Wacom tablets works very well (worked well also in .66)

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

The major shortcut problem with zoom tool persists.

Ctrl+Space does not invoke Zoom tool (Space+Ctrl does, which is unique to Affinity, and very disconcerning)

This is probably not something Serif can fix as the ctrl-space shortcut is in Windows bound to "Change to a previously selected input"

Also some 3rd party software uses ctrl space for shortcut.

@Tourmaline, this is the Windows forum.

I'm not sure what is "Change to previously selected input", under Windows, but I'm quite sure that the only reserved keys include Win key, not Ctrl (ok, Ctrl-Alt-Del ;)).

1. If you try Windows, you'll notice that Ctl+, Alt+, Shift+, Win+ hotkeys always start with the special key (Ctrl, Alt, Space, Shift, Win). It's a simple UI standard. It's something your fingers learn how to do, not your brain.

2. If you try any of the Adobe products, you'll notice that Ctrl+Space is the key to invoke Zoom tool. (Space+Ctrl also works). So if it's possible for Adobe it will be more than possible for Serif ;). And as much as I like Affinity products, the standard was set by Adobe 30 years ago.

Serif's Affinity Designer is a great program, which I use daily, and has already convinced more people to switch to from Illustrator.

Serif, let's beat the competition once more!

The major shortcut problem with zoom tool persists.

Ctrl+Space does not invoke Zoom tool (Space+Ctrl does, which is unique to Affinity, and very disconcerning)

Hello!

I second that... it's a little thing, but quite a nuisance, since it's needed all the time.

Hoping for a fix as well.

Thanks!

Interestingly enough SPACE+CTRL (STRG) works as expected with the Wacom tablet, while CTRL (STRG) +SPACE shows quite strange beaviour. Depending on the previously selected tool (e.g. rectangle) AD starts drawing random sized small rectangles when clicking and dragging the pen. They are finished not by user decision but unpredictably short time after starting. So doing this more often lets you end with a bunch of random sized geometric shapes on the screen! Seems like AD is not really in control of the input device ;-)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

This beta has been replaced by the public release of Designer 1.5.3.69 . If you have purchased Designer it is available to download from your account and as a patch from within the program. Please run the application and follow the instructions to download the software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon