Schubi63

SVG export with wrong colors & blurry content

Hi guys,

I exported some graphics as .SVG to use them in a website, but:

1. image

As you can see here (the SVG is the upper graphic, the PNG is the lower graphic) the colors in the SVG are heavily different.

2. image

Here (the SVG is again the upper graphic, the PNG is the lower graphic) the stars are completely blurry.

Cheers, Stefan.

post-26509-0-00896500-1494732504_thumb.jpg

post-26509-0-29077600-1494732512_thumb.jpg

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

The blurriness seems to indicate that the objects/shapes were rasterized. If there are any gradients or special effects that SVG (or most browsers) can’t handle, they will be rasterized, so make sure your graphics only contain solid colors and no special effects.

As for the color, this sounds like a conversion issue from CMYK to RGB. Check the color profile/space you are using while working on the graphic in AD.

Hi Sean,

can you provide me a link please? 

Cheers,

Stefan

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

The blurriness seems to indicate that the objects/shapes were rasterized. If there are any gradients or special effects that SVG (or most browsers) can’t handle, they will be rasterized, so make sure your graphics only contain solid colors and no special effects.

As for the color, this sounds like a conversion issue from CMYK to RGB. Check the color profile/space you are using while working on the graphic in AD.

Hi Stephan,

you are right - the color problem has to do with CMYK to RGB. The document is / was set to CMYK because it comes from a print project. Is there a way, to get a better color-matching when switching from CMYK to RGB? 

The problem with the blurred SVG: yes, I have an layer FX on it - but its only a color overlay - blur, shadow etc.

Thanks a lot! Stefan

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

Hi Stefan,

Looking at the file, it appears there is a discrepancy between the colour and values shown. For example if you select the larger object with the vivid green and then double click the Colour box you should get the Colour Chooser dialog it will display the value as 41,0,76,0. If you then select one of those and just press enter to reapply it you will see the colour change. If you use the colour picture it will actually show you the correct value of 46,0,98,0. I will get this passed onto development.

Hi Sean,

what about the issue with the blurry stars? Obviously it's caused by a color overlay fx? It's a bug, right?

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

Hi MEB,

wow. That means, if I plan to export project content to SVG regularly, I should NOT USE any layerFX in AD!

Right now, I like to use it to save some time, e.g. by having a group with a colorOverlayFX where I can put my curves and objects inside. But then, before I export to SVG, I have to deactivate all layerFX and tweak all the content to look similar again.

In the end it's much more time taking (and definitely not what I expected).   

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

Thanks MEB,

so should I write a feature request for it or is it already on your road map?

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MEB one thing that might be nice would be telling the user what gets rasterized upon export. upon export over the normal menu there is a note that "some" areas get rasterized without indication which ones.

especially in the future this might be important because right now pretty much all effects get into the raster, but I certainly dont think that SVG can even do all the filters affinity does now and/or will have then.

On 15/05/2017 at 2:57 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Stefan,

Looking at the file, it appears there is a discrepancy between the colour and values shown. For example if you select the larger object with the vivid green and then double click the Colour box you should get the Colour Chooser dialog it will display the value as 41,0,76,0. If you then select one of those and just press enter to reapply it you will see the colour change. If you use the colour picture it will actually show you the correct value of 46,0,98,0. I will get this passed onto development.

Stefan, we believe this part of the report has been fixed in 1.6 beta builds and above and will be part of the forthcoming 1.6 release

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.