You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quick Document Dimensions Display

Can we have a quick way to show the dimensions of the currently viewed document? Maybe just the width x height and dpi in the bottom right of the screen inside the Info tab or the Transform tab? The width and height are grayed out for me when you open a jpg document. It can be grayed out but it'd be nice to have the document size shown there at least for a quick glance.

I'm talking about when you open a jpg, png, etc and the Background layer is locked. Maybe I'm missing something, but as far as I can tell the only way to see the current dimensions of the opened document is to click document -> resize canvas, document -> resize document or to unlock the layer, open the select tool and click on the layer before it shows in the transform tab. This is a pain when you're trying to resize a large group of documents manually to match dimensions.

I just want to be able to see the dimensions at a quick glance without having to do anything but open the file :)

Thanks!

Are you talking about Affinity Photo? If so, you can read off the current document dimensions from the context toolbar as soon as you select the Pan Tool, even if no layer is selected.

In order to get the dpi information, you will have to select the background layer in the layers list. However, that is on purpose. Dpi information is calculated on a per-layer basis. For when you place an image in your document, it will show up as an image object in the layers list, and as such it will retain the original pixel information until it is rasterized to the document resolution at a certain size. So you will see that the dpi information of an image object changes when you resize this object on the canvas of your document. As it is to be expected, the dpi value will increase when you scale down the image on the canvas. See my video.

Hope that makes sense …  :)

Alex

post-1198-0-82770400-1494750188_thumb.png