You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shapes at ends of lines

Hello,

You know how in some vector editing programs (I use CorelDRAW) you can define a particular shape on the ends of a line?

For example, you create a line and then you can chose the shape you want on each end. See screenshot below of CorelDRAW.

I've looked all over the place in AD and I haven't found anything like this.

1. Is there something like this in AD that I am not aware of?

2. If not, would this be a feature worth recommending to the AD team?

Thank you,

post-34767-0-60575300-1494646365_thumb.png

It's taking a long time but once it's there I expect AD to not just include literal arrowheads but also the other shapes.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

One small point on this: When/if AD gets end-of-line adornments - arrowheads etc. - will the user be in control of where the adornment is on the line relative to the end of the line?

I only ask as I have used software where the adornment is always centred on the end of the line which means that - especially for arrowheads - the place the line finishes is not where the adornment finishes. The arrowhead continues after the end of the line and this means that you have to move the end of the line "back" to make sure the arrowhead doesn't "over-run". This isn't good when you are using a grid (or guide) to line things up nicely.

For some adornments - circles, squares, etc. - this behaviour is fine but for arrowheads it isn't. Giving the user control over what happens will make it work better.

The attached screenshot shows where the ends of the line snap to the green grid but the arrowheads extend beyond the line. Not an ideal situation.

post-55880-0-47060800-1494661968_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...