Hello!

Is my first post here. :)

I'm trying to replicate this tutorial I found to create a foil texture. 

I found a way to replace the clouds filter using the Perlin Noise on Affinity Photo.

But I have no idea to replicate the last step on this tutorial. Anyone has any idea to do this?

Thanks!

right click the text layer en choose "mask to below"

post-48962-0-51444000-1494605569_thumb.png

Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481   - Beta 1.8.0.486

Windows 10 Home  1909 (build 18363.476) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

Hello!

Is my first post here. :)

I'm trying to replicate this tutorial I found to create a foil texture. 

I found a way to replace the clouds filter using the Perlin Noise on Affinity Photo.

But I have no idea to replicate the last step on this tutorial. Anyone has any idea to do this?

Thanks!

How did you get the glass effect? Thank you for the hint about using Perlin Noise for the clouds.

Yes, I'd like to know how to do the glass effect. There is no equivalent filter in Affinity Photo that I've found. If you've figured this out, please let me know! Thanks.

I have figured out a way to do this in Affinity photo and I like my results even better than the photoshop tut  :)    I will do a tutorial tomorrow

aff_foileffect.png

Hi everyone!  Here is the video tutorial.  I hope this is helpful :)

In the video I used a gradient swatch downloaded from a set posted by Design Art Studios  if you want to use the same gradient I used here is a link to the facebook post  https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityDesignerPhotoPublisher/permalink/1108543209314275/