You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New to AD with various questions

Hello to all at Affinity  – you have no idea how glad I am to be here – found you through a post on a Free–Freehand Facebook Page just today. I am a FreeHand user from version 7 – never grasped Ai and feel too old to try again now - I had looked at Quasado Gravit but lost hope there and now I have just upgraded my computer (after keeping it old for Freehand) so am back looking at different options as I’m worrying that Freehand in the Virtual Box isn’t going to work for me.

So I am happily looking through all these questions and videos etc and familiarising myself with this progamme and it sounds very exciting. I have some questions which I haven’t found answers to:
Does it have cmyk option for colour printing/output?
Does it offer multiple pages?
Can it converted or be pasted into an Ai File? I often have to send print ads out as Ai eps files
Can it be exported as an eps file for colour seperation?

And I’d ike to add that I would like some things that others have requested:
Page Rulers
Cut Content tool
Text on a path

Hey GryphonArt,

I can't answer all questions, but I maybe able to answer a few;

Can it converted or be pasted into an Ai File?

- You can If you have both programs open, select the layer and its a simple copy and paste over to your Illustrator artboard,

Can it be exported as an eps file for colour seperation?

- If you select the Export Persona on the Persona Tabs, on the right you will have your export options, and select a preset from there, or

- File, export, the EPS option should be third from the right I think, the rest of the export is as the usual save.

Hope this helps.

www.sincetimebegan.com

Personal Portfolio

• Staff

Hi Carole,

When you make a document, we offer a number of settings - one of them is the colour model. Choose CMYK for a CMYK document - all operations are always done end-to-end in CMYK space, properly colour managed and output to your printer or PDF as CMYK data. You can also output as CMYK TIFF and CMYK EPS, I think.

We don't support multiple pages yet, but we will do - hopefully quite soon.

AI can open PDF files or EPS, so just go to File->Export in Affinity Designer and choose either of those options. If you have any problems then it's worth looking at the latest beta version of Affinity Designer as it has improvements in these areas.

If you hit Cmd+R you'll toggle the visibility of the rulers. I don't know what you mean by 'Cut content tool'? Text on a path has been requested previously and will arrive in the not-too-distant future.

Any more questions, just let us know! :)

Thanks,

Matt

• 1 year later...