You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi photo16,

Yes, just add *150% after the existing value in the corresponding input field. Alternatively you can also use the following notation replacing the existing value *=150%.

For more info about expressions for field input check Affinity Designer/Photo Help ▸ Workspace ▸ More ▸ Expressions for field input.

There isn't a separate field for it: you just type into the W or H box, as appropriate. For example, in MEB's screenshot the height is set to 5 px, so typing *=150% into the H box would change the height to 7.5 px.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Do you mean "+50%"? I have never used this facility, but this is what other have suggested in other threads.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Do you mean "+50%"? I have never used this facility, but this is what other have suggested in other threads.

No, that will not work as expected because it is interpreted the same as "50%" so you would get ½ the initial value instead of 1.5 times it. What you could do is make it explicit, like "w+50%" to set the value to 1.5 times the current width.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

No, that will not work as expected because it is interpreted the same as "50%" so you would get ½ the initial value instead of 1.5 times it. What you could do is make it explicit, like "w+50%" to set the value to 1.5 times the current width.

Yes, you are right. Thanks for correcting me.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

What you could do is make it explicit, like "w+50%" to set the value to 1.5 times the current width.

As an alternative to typing w+50% into the W box or h+50% into the H box, you could type +=50% into either one. However, as Fixx has pointed out, simply typing 150% on its own works just as well.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 years later...

Hello all ...

This is an old post and maybe I can't post on it.

My question is relevant, but would start a new thread if told to.

I understand how the % thing works.  Like *90% would make it 90% smaller.

Is there a way to use repeat or duplicate to make each iteration say 90% smaller than the last instead of having to enter the % each time?

By setting it up and the power duplicate or whatever it is called?

And by positioning the origin point, I could create this arc of duplicate and smaller objects.

Of course, I can do this manually, but curious.

Thanks for listening!

Heron 7 Feather 1.jpg

Heron 7 Feather 2.jpg

Bob                

Windows 10           Affinity Designer:  1.8.5.703

27 minutes ago, Eagle Works said:

I understand how the % thing works.  Like *90% would make it 90% smaller.

Actually multiply something by 90% will make that thing 10% smaller.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello again.

I'm getting it figured out.

Like I said, trying to find the right origin place takes a number of tries,

Another question about this project;

As my feathers rotate up. the bottom end of the feather needs to shrink in size.

If you look at the attachment, I'd like to squeeze the end together where the red line is.
Bring other corners toward the middle about half way.  And not affect the other end.

The percentage this is not changing it enough, so I think I need to do it manually.

I can't seem to figure out how to manipulate the handles to do that.

Is there a way to do this?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for listening.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 194623.jpg

Bob                

Windows 10           Affinity Designer:  1.8.5.703

• 11 months later...
On 5/13/2017 at 8:44 AM, Fixx said:

You can just replace the current value with percentage, it works just fine. That is, replace "300 mm" with "50%", press enter and you get 150 mm.

This works nicely. I also tried typing "*150%" after the width/height value and that worked too, but just entering "150%" is much slicker. 

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, retrograde said:

It's a bit unintuitive and hidden for new users. Why not add a percentage option? Even if it's under a right click or something? 

Probably not added because there are well over a dozen expressions for field inputs that will work in various places in the Affinity apps, so percentage wasn't considered worth adding as an explicit option.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

Probably not added because there are well over a dozen expressions for field inputs that will work in various places in the Affinity apps, so percentage wasn't considered worth adding as an explicit option.

Good god that's a lot of info.

2 hours ago, retrograde said:

Good god that's a lot of info.

And all of it is useful to some users in some workflows ... once they realize they can use it. 😉

Affinity Photo 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...