You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using adjustments to convert to B&W - does not work

I started using Affinity a couple of weeks ago and in general this is great to work with (I do not do many things with it) - but today I am struggling with a probably very simple problem. I just want to convert a picture into B&W by using the small adjustment button on the right and it always opens a new empty "black and white adjustment" layer - which seems to be empty and with which I just can't do anything.

What is wrong with my approach? Any settings wrong?

thx for help in advance

post-58945-0-58753600-1494534577_thumb.jpeg

Is not clear what's going on from the screenshot.

It seems you are adding a B&W adjustment layer with a mask of the cow, but in the underneath layer, the cow has been cut out?

Anyway, if you want to use the B&W adjustment when you create the adjustment make sure you don't active selections or the adjustment will apply only to what you have selected.

Hope that helps.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch