You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text wrap (object repel) implementation and documentation

I just spent an hour trying to figure out, WITH documentation, how to wrap text around an object in Design. I eventually stumbled on the solution in the Forum, here: "Create your object, choose 'Layer - Convert to Text Frame', paste or write in your text, then..." have at it.

This is NOT easy to find in the help, and completely unintuitive.

If Affinity intends to stick to this method of implementing text wrap in Design, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide adequate documentation. This has been an exceptionally annoying and frustrating experience, that could have easily been avoided had you made "text wrap", "wrap", or "repel" search terms in your help document. 

You have overall done so many good things in Design, the failure to implement text wrap OR to clarify the workaround is really unpleasantly surprising. On this one, I have to say: DO BETTER.

Hi cadobir,

what you have found on the forum, is actually just a workaround provided by members of the forum. The function you are talking of does not exist at the moment, but it will surely come to Affinity Publisher, at least. So that explains, why there is no documentation.

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex