You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NRW raw support!

So i was testing affinity photos trial version and wanted to test the raw editing. But when i took my NRW raw file i didint load properly. And my camera is Nikon b700 later i discovered that affinity photo dose not support NRW files. So please affinity photo team could you add NRW support! :) 

• 1 month later...

You have my sympathy.  My camera is a Nikon D800. Affinity does not load NEF files. In order to see thumbnails of images, I have to open a folder in FastStone Image Viewer and then move the desired image to AP.  It is slow and cumbersome and could well be a game changer in my decision to  use AP long term.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another very disappointed COOLPIX B700 owner who cannot load RAW files (NRW). Oddly the iPad version of Photo running on my iPad Pro 10.5 works fine and it lets me save the *.NRW file as *.afphoto. I can the edit the RAW on the Mac. I don't really want to take two devices on holiday.

Please fix this.

Regards,

Kevin

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem, a new B700 and I chosed that one over P900 to have raw. You can convert to DNG with the ADOB converter and that works, but that means an other step of processing.

I really hope we can have support for the nrw raw-format in Affinity Photo as soon as possible.

Regards

Sören

Yes, you do need to convert the NRW format to something Affinity will recognize. I've been converting to TIFF but the files are large and, not wanting to get rid of the NRW files, it takes up quite a lot of extra disk space. Seems like a reasonable request for Affinity to cover the NRW format for the Windows platform.

• 3 weeks later...

No word from Affinity here on why it can't be done, if it is something they are planning for, why it is taking so long, or an explanation of what they have to do to modify the program to accept NRW files. Apparently Affinity supports these forums but don't actually read them or respond to customers’ needs.