You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New illustration I been working on..

RaphLuna

how is my illustration Process... Long way to go and a lot to learn. Advice helps too.

post-58396-0-87755800-1494461166_thumb.jpg

post-58396-0-27552100-1494461202_thumb.jpg

post-58396-0-33139700-1494461207_thumb.jpg

Takes time However loving to software, Talk to the hoof Adobe software, ever since you chose to rent out your software, you lost me a customer. Thank Heavens fr  Affinity design, they won me as a customer for life, because unlike you they listen to what their customers Really want in a program.

Lookin' good! You are great with shapes and the eyes are very likeable. I see some texturing in certain areas. Currently your pieces are flat and that may be your intent. Flat is a popular style now (and forever probably). When you are ready for "round" (okay, 3-D-ish, although I dislike that term as nothing we do really is) consider adding highlights and shadows. Some use texture for these characteristics, some use vector shapes. Maybe either would work with your style. I'm jealous of how pure and distinct your curves are!

:) 

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Actually

Lookin' good! You are great with shapes and the eyes are very likeable. I see some texturing in certain areas. Currently your pieces are flat and that may be your intent. Flat is a popular style now (and forever probably). When you are ready for "round" (okay, 3-D-ish, although I dislike that term as nothing we do really is) consider adding highlights and shadows. Some use texture for these characteristics, some use vector shapes. Maybe either would work with your style. I'm jealous of how pure and distinct your curves are!

:)

Actually curves are easy I use the pen tool at lot. I'm so fussy, to make sure it follows my doodle lines. Once you understand how the pen tool works its a breeze. I also love to add Width to my line work, give it a little more edge. Just experimented a bit, to learn more My kids love the MLP FIM  TV Series, and I love how they color their characters, kind of the look I was looking for. One reminds me of flat play-d'oh. I did tinker with shadows in Adobe Illustrator in the past. Here is an Example..

pokemon_battle_by_raphluna-dao6e4i.png

This was a pain to do.... The one the bottom tried to make a background... Not very interesting. The program was just way to overwhelming to go further.

ash_and_graninja_by_raphluna-damnkei.jpg

this piece I spent a full week to figure out in Adobe Illustrator... However needs Improvement. I'm still not happy, but I'm not going through hell with AI so I left it like this...

irrilia_by_raphluna-dajrv3f.png

I really wanted to patronize the would piece however so painful to go through, that I only done the bag..

donnies_christmas_gift_by_raphluna-dald9

I love how Serif Craft Artist 2 can give my fan art a more improved background... The TMNT were colourized in PhotoShop. Because Adobe was Evil in trying to achieve the affect...

craft_artist_2_is_my_final_piece__by_rap

Those white lines are different however it seriously is holding my art back..

raphluna___bebop_by_raphluna-d9nq6st.jpg

I'm seriously planning Redoing  art the fan art and my own personal art in Affinity Design... Here is 2 new ones I just done..

post-58396-0-13191400-1494881587_thumb.jpg

post-58396-0-06617300-1494881592_thumb.png

You've got excellent control with the pen tool…your curves look great! It's funny how each of us becomes so accustomed to certain software. You mention Illustrator causing you grief and became overwhelming to work in, but that's where I shine. Affinity Designer is a bit of a challenge for me, solely because I'm more efficient with Illustrator (been using Ai for the better part of 10 years). It's the small things that I struggle with, like remembering to hold down the option (alt) key before dragging an element to duplicate it. 

Just as a side note...be careful how you export your artwork. For some reason Affinity Designer likes to horribly rasterize some vector elements while exporting under certain settings, like what is seen on the first of the two new pieces that you attached. Other times it's just fine. I can't remember the settings I used to fix that issue, but I'm sure some of the more seasoned users here can help out.