You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

I've had an mail from Serif offering AutoFX AutoMagic Ultimate Bundle at a reduced price - can anyone confirm if this software works as a plugin for Affinity Photo?

Thanks 

I've just quickly tested this and all appears okay.  I was able to load an image, apply some of the effects and they got passed back to Affinity Photo.  I haven't tested every feature of the plugin but hopefully someone else will comment who has.  

Please note, the AutoFX we sell does only work on Windows.

I was able to load an image, apply some of the effects and they got passed back to Affinity Photo.

I had a play with the free AutoFX plugins - no problem when they were first used but subsequent attempts to use them, with any image, didn't work. Restarting AP meant I could use the plugins again, but still only once.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 2 weeks later...

I was offered the AutoFX Auto Magic Gen2 Plug-in from the Serif Store for £35 and decided to buy. I have not yet explored what it can do, but I thought I would report on its use as an Affinity Plug-in under Windows.

It installs OK using the usual method, by telling it the location of the 8bf file. After re-starting, it appears on the list of filters and appears when clicked on. The interface looks exactly the same as the stand-alone program and it would appear to behave the same. I duplicated my background and activated the filter. I applied one of the option, then I clicked on File. You  are given the options of Save or ExitSave does what it says, it saves the modified image in the location of your choice. Exit also does what it says. It exits the plug-in (whether or not you have saved the image) and returns you to Affinity without modifying the selected layer! There does not appear to be an option to quit the filter and transfer the modified image back to Affinity.

There does not appear to be any after-effects as IanSG had.

I tried the plug-in with Photoshop CS5.5 with exactly the same result.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630