You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating an outline or wireframe from an image

I have looked in the forums and can not find an answer.

I use Affinity Designer on a MAC

I want to import an image and create a line drawing of the image for a friend who wants to use it for her painting class.

I can not remember what software I used, but in the dark distant past, I am sure I selected a function and adjusted the brightness or something until I got enough lines to give me my line drawing.  The program may have been Corel Draw.

Is this possible with AD.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi mcl,

You are probably talking about a tracing function (PowerTRACE in the case of CorelDraw), that is, converting an image to vector objects/lineart.

Affinity Designer doesn't have such a function. There's plans to implement one if its output/results are up to what developers expect in terms of quality, but for now you have to use a third party application like Inkscape (open source), Super Vectorizer 2Vector Magic or a web service to do the conversion.