You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A way to make my list of Brush Categories in Affinity Photo sort alphabetically

It's not the easiest method by any measure, but I figured out a temporary method of fixing the issue. Now that I've downloaded the brushes I want, I went about tweaking their names so they fall alphabetically in a way that makes it easy to recognize what brush I want to use. I then removed the "raster_brushes.propcol" file, which is where all the brushes are stored. When I remove that file, all brushes are gone. I then reimported them and they dropped in in alphabetic order, as I had organized them in my desktop folder.

Note that I am on a Mac, my files were sorted alphabetically in my folder and I used the import function in brushes, rather than double clicking on them. Double clicking opens a dialog for each one of the brush categories and I must OK each and every one of them. Double clicking is inefficient for me when there are a lot of brushes involved. I imported the brushes in small groups, so that the program doesn't hang for too long as it imports them. When I import in groups via the import function in brushes, I get a message telling me how many individual brushes were imported.

I now have all my brushes that were in a haphazard order, in alphabetic order. All is well in the universe. Sadly, however, if I decide later to add any new brushes, they will fall at the bottom of the brushes category list, after my brushes that begin with Z.

----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything