You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I sell my windows copies here?

Can I sell my Windows license for both Designer & Photo here, as they were purchased in error (I am after Mac versions).  I was outside the 14 day money back policy before I realised my error (Ordered the software before receiving my new 'PC', which was actually a mac mini!).

Will someone from Serif confirm, if they would transfer my license details across to someone else, if they purchased.

Many thanks,

Steve

• Staff

Steve,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

When you buy the Affinity Store version (Windows) it makes a product key that is associated with your email address (the install expects them as a pair).

We do not have a way to transfer the license to another person as such, as we cannot make the product key work with a different email address, as one is encoded in the other.

The License agreement is non-transferable and you cannot just pass the software on to someone else. If you wish to sell it on then you will need to contact us and ask permission to to sell your product key and email address pair to someone else.

Separately (for the sake of other readers) it is worth saying that we cannot transfer a license from PC to Mac either or vice-versa, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

It might also be worth mentioning that the Mac version licenses are non-transferable, as are the licenses for all Mac apps bought through the Mac App Store.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7