You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please, when will wrong informations be corrected?

Here's my correction: you mean "wrong information". In English, uncountable nouns like "information" and "bread" don't have a plural form when there is more than one piece. ("News" is another one which is treated as singular, as in "Is there any news?" rather than "Are there any news?")

Oh, OK, so you're talking about old information. It isn't really wrong, it's just out of date. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Oval,

Wrong information gets corrected if A] it is wrong and B] it needs correcting. Have I missed something? What makes you think these (apart from the first one, for which thank you) are "incorrect"?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

What makes you think these (apart from the first one, for which thank you) are "incorrect"?

Thanks, Patrick Connor. The first one was reported since January. 

2018 is not soon, because from 2015 until now Serif didn’t change their message “Publisher coming soon“. You don’t ask for our help for publishing Affinity Publisher als Beta, but this is what your German text “says”.

So, when? 

Designer for iPad will launch in 2017? We read that it takes longer.

2018 is not soon, because from 2015 until now Serif didn’t change their message “Publisher coming soon“.

At least in English, "soon" is just an intentionally imprecise word that roughly means "at some unspecified time in the near future." It could mean anything from in the next few minutes to in the next few months or even years. It is just as (in)accurate in 2017 as it was in 2015, & that will be true in 2018 or at any other time until it has been released.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

At least in English, "soon" is just an intentionally imprecise word that roughly means "at some unspecified time in the near future."

And "near" is, of course, similarly imprecise. ;)

Alfred spacer.png

Oh come on. "Soon" doesn't mean 3 years. Serif never intended to string along people for this long of period.

Slice & Dice it all you want. Defend Serif till death do you part. But don't define soon apart from its context.

Mike, the only thing I am defending is the use of "soon" to describe when they think Publisher will be available. I attach no more significance to that than I do when I see a notice on Amazon that more of some product will be in stock soon, when I get a notice that an order I have placed with an online retailer will be shipping soon, or when anybody uses that word to describe something that is expected to happen in the future.

It is a prediction, not a guarantee, as all things about the future must be.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I've just had a look at faq thread in this forum. Under the Roadmap question we have the comment "Note all the features listed here will be made available in free 1.X updates" - it's reasonable to assume that "note" is a typo for "not", but maybe someone should correct it.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

I've just had a look at faq thread in this forum. Under the Roadmap question we have the comment "Note all the features listed here will be made available in free 1.X updates" - it's reasonable to assume that "note" is a typo for "not", but maybe someone should correct it.

I disagree. I think it would be entirely unreasonable for the 1.x Roadmap to say that not all the features listed will be made available in 1.x updates. It looks to me as though that sentence is just poorly punctuated and there should be a colon after the word "note"; alternatively, to allow less room for misinterpretation, the word "note" should be replaced by the words "note that".

Alfred spacer.png

I disagree. I think it would be entirely unreasonable for the 1.x Roadmap to say that....

Agreed, but it's not described as "the 1.x Roadmap" - just "the Roadmap".

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Wrong information gets corrected if A] it is wrong and B] it needs correcting.

Why did Serif not correct a few words within five months? Does Serif expect a positive effect on his company’s image? That update error was often reported, but it seems that Serif does not know that Affinity Photo for Windows was launched last year.  :(