You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First test piece in Designer from August

retrograde

Hi all. Here is my very first piece done in Designer from back in August I think. It was done with the initial free beta before the app store version came out.

I wanted to test drive the app after stumbling across it and checking out all of the features and also seeing Jonathan Ball's initial work. It looked pretty promising. So with a sketch I had kicking around of a concept that didn't get beyond the sketch, I dove right in. This idea was one of several I had for a local brewery's new brew called "Full Kilt" a high octane Scottish Ale. I got hooked almost immediately and found the workflow new but not entirely foreign. Things made sense. I immediately made the piece my avatar.  :) It's all vector, no pixel persona in this one...

post-305-0-96075100-1420535039_thumb.png

post-305-0-40777600-1420535072_thumb.png

post-305-0-86878800-1420535099_thumb.png

post-305-0-14056100-1420535117_thumb.png

Well, nice job! Lets open a 6 pack and celebrate! I know its a sad excuse to open a pint or 2 lol. Anyway really nice work man so cool to see it more than just an avatar.

I do like some high octane Scottish Ale!

Love the use of shapes and gradients to create this wee guy, great work! Love the wee Tam O'Shanter on his noggin!

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Thanks everyone!  It's funny, in the 3d world "noise" is your enemy. In 2d it adds interest and tactile texture... ;)   I like it here although it's sometimes a fine balance of how much is too much. It is nice to have the choice though. Bottoms up!

Yes you're right, in 3D noise is unwanted but in 2D it can really be your friend.

It's like early digital cameras and everyone used noise removal pug-ins and stuff to get cleaner images.

And when the cameras started getting really good we also started adding back noise in post to get some life back into the image so they didn't feel so digital and clean. ;)

Yeah! Well done and cheers all round! Thirsty work being that talented.

Does this mean that the client approves? They should. We do!

I hope to see this from the inside of a beer tent one day...now where I did I leave my beer goggles?

peter

Ps I don't know what to do first: Pin it or drink it, hic! :D

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Very cool! I wondered about your avatar. Heh. I'd prefer a nice Scotch, but an ale will do.

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

Ain't that something, we get to design the brand and not once do we get to taste the product! #Designerproblems lol

I do like some high octane Scottish Ale!

Love the use of shapes and gradients to create this wee guy, great work! Love the wee Tam O'Shanter on his noggin!

George

and here's the proof, geddit?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498703358712328987/

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111