ronnyb

Apple's Magic Mouse - issues

I use Apple's wireless Magic Mouse and have come across issues when using it in AD:

1. I can click AND scroll at the same time. Although this is neat, it makes precise positioning of elements needlessly difficult. Can you disable the mouse's ability to scroll while the button is held down, please?

2. Magic Mouse has a double-tap gesture enabling one to zoom in on the double-tapped area. This behavior works in Apple's Safari and other apps. It would be a great workflow shortcut to be able to double tap on an element and AD would automatically zoom in and center (just like it already does when I double click on a layer icon in the Layers palette.

Keep up the great work guys! Can't wait for the next Beta!

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Hi Ronny,

The double-tap just comes through as a double-click, so we do what we always do for a double-click - change to the appropriate context tool (Node tool, usually). We could add a special preferences option that would allow double-click to zoom, but it would be a general thing, not specific to a magic mouse because there's no knowledge of the fact that a magic mouse generated this message (it's just standard OS X messages it generates). The click AND scroll is a deliberate thing - I use it to pan around while dragging my objects. We disabled it for the Node Tool and some other tools where it doesn't make sense and caused people problems. Perhaps we can add another preferences option to just disable it completely?

Thanks,

Matt

Yes, a switch on the tool's options or a general preference e would be a welcome addition.

Traditionally, if you click on an object and hold down the mouse button while reaching the edges of the window, the app should scroll in that direction...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

I work with magic mouse too and I totally agree!

There is a minor issue too, when I am in the transformation tab (bottom-right position) the acceleration of scroll is too much and it is not precise! 

(Maybe do you need a video for my bad english?!)

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
<education> Degree in Science of Communication </education>
<employ> WebDesigner & Front End Developer </employ>
<passion> Bass Player </passion>
</lendrius>

@ronnyb hello, read my last post here, I find a Small work around:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/5274-magic-mouse-again-please-fix-this/?fromsearch=1

Maybe can help u!

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
</lendrius>

@ronnyb hello, read my last post here, I find a Small work around:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/5274-magic-mouse-again-please-fix-this/

Maybe can help u!

<lendrius>
</lendrius>