You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Functionality to Export Presets in Photo

The last step in my my workflow is for each and every photo to export it for printing, web, email, social media, slideshow for TV viewing, etc.

1. For each of these uses I have created my own presets. In the process of exporting each and every picture I have to manually rename them in the format <filename>_Aff_web(print, ..) - Aff, because I also stil use other editors.

It twould help a lot if this renaming function could be incorporated within the presets. (Not so uncommen, DxO, ACDSee and On1 Photo 2017 have this functionality)

2. Since exporting is such a common task, ist would be nice if it was easier to get at without much mouse travel or four finger keyboard gymnastics. A button or a simpler shortcut like F(1-12) would help. Since I don't find a list of all "occupied" shortcuts, I am hestiant to change the assigned shortcut myself.

3. Even better, if there was batch exporting (normal exporting, no slices), although that probably has to wait until there is some form of file explorer/DAM incorporated.

Thanks for listening

Peter

Well, Peter, why don’t you use the Export Persona then? A slice for your entire image is already created there. Just set up your custom presets, and you are done … you can already create a custom naming scheme as well …

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

Warum einfach, wenn es auch kompliziert geht?

Yes, after many, many tries that seems to work. But why not incorporate the naming scheme into the "normal" export dialogue. I would not need slices at all.

As an example, here is a screenshot from a competing app that shall remain nameless:

post-32033-0-27823700-1494151966_thumb.jpg