You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can any you fine folk direct me on how to delete a file which has not been Saved-As yet? This is the file I was working with that froze the UI on my AD app as reported in my previous post ('Frozen Functions - most menu items disabled').

Regarding my 'frozen screen' in Affinity Designer - it appears to be a corrupted file, if possible it is probably self-induced. 

Attached are a couple of screenshots, one showing the screen BEFORE and the other showing the name of the file that I can now see after Force-Quitting AD and getting things moving again. The file name is now visible to me and reads 'CVlogoStockholm(currupt:pixelates).svg' as seen on screenshot-1.

My question has now shifted from how to unfreeze, to how I can get rid of/delete this file. I don't want to go near it for obvious reasons.

So far I've only tried dragging it into Trash from this 'Open Recent File' drop-down but having never been Save-As'd, it doesn't move. Suggestions?

Thanks as always folks. I appreciate your time and instruction.

-Christo 

*working on a 2017 MacBook Pro with Affinity Designer 1.5.4*

post-49603-0-78123800-1494126191_thumb.png

post-49603-0-50742200-1494126206_thumb.png

Hmm? Your objective is to remove this file from the “Open Recent” list? But only this file? – Actually, that does not seem to be possible. Or rather, the only solution seems to be the following:

• Locate all the other files on the list
  • Choose “Clear Menu”
  • Open every other file that was on the list from the Finder

But as long as you know where your other files are located in Finder (and goodness, you should … ;)), you could simply clear the list. Hope that helps …

Alex  :)

As I mentioned in a reply to your other topic, is there some reason you can't just locate the file in Finder, drag it to the trash from there, & empty the trash? That should automatically remove it from the “Open Recent” list in the Affinity File menu.

If you have the app icon in the Dock, it may still be in the popup list you get from a right-click or long click on the icon, but that seems to be a quirk of how the Dock stores & refreshes its recent items list, which apparently is maintained independently of the in-app version. Regardless of that quirk, the file really is gone (technically, its directory entry is deleted from the file system) so there is no way you will be able to open it by accident or with anything short of first using a file recovery utility to try to recover whatever of its data is still on the drive.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7