You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi All,

I was using photoshop with Lightroom

When i want to edit with Affinity i clik edit with Affinity , i can edit but when i save i have to export on .Tiif or .jpg as .afphoto is not reconnized by Lightroom.

my problem is the .tiff or .jpg creted by affiny photo are also not reconized by Lightroom.

that s go in the right folder , it s not the pb

do you have any solution to fix that problem ?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi manta1111,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You said you are exporting from Lightroom and then editing in Affinity but it's not clear if you have set Affinity Photo as an external editor and are instead exporting the files from Lightroom and opening them in Affinity Photo manually. Is this the case? If so, you need to go to Lightroom Preferences and set Affinity Photo as an external editor, then you can send the image directly from Lightroom to Affinity Photo (no need to export or anything), just edit the image in Affinity and click Save to send it back automatically to Lightroom. You also have to set up which format you want to use for this roundtrip which i assume will be TIFF. Don't forget to tick Save Affinity layers checkbox when saving from Affinity so all layers/edits you have done remain editable next time you send the same file from Lightroom again.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Hi MEB,

Thank you for your reply.

when i save or save as in Affinity photo i have only the choise .afphoto

to get the choice .tiff or .... i should go to export to find the various possibilities

is it possible to have this choice with save or save as .

When you hit SAVE after doing your thing in AP it goes back into LR the same way you set up the preferences in LR. If you edited a copy it opens next to the original. When you send to AP you have three choices, Original, Copy and Copy with Lightroom Adjustments. Also what file format etc. I use Copy with LR Adjustments, Tiff, 16 bit, Pro Photo, 300 resolution. 

• 2 years later...

After I save the edited Affinity Photo and send back to Lr it creates a new tiff file. When I want to edit it again and save it, it won't save over the old edit and create a new edited tiff file like this 

first edit  example - 001 edit tiff 

second - 001 edit tiff tiff

How do i edit the first one and save it without created a new edited tiff file that reside in LR

• 2 months later...