Sign in to follow this  
Command_F

[Fixed] Gradient lost on Line in Print/PDF

I coloured a line (one straight segment drawn with the pen, 1 point wide) with a gradient. On reflection, this was unwise but AD let me do it and correctly reflected it on screen. When I printed the document, my line came out solid black  :( . Saving to PDF gives the same result (unsurprising as printing uses PDF and, yes, I remembered later that Postscript doesn't support gradients on a line).

I'm happy (very happy) that AD allows gradients on lines but I think it should warn about the loss of features when printing (so, by extension, in PDF exports). I didn't get an error message and don't see it as a warning in the Assistant. The consequences when printing could be significant.

A simple example is attached.

[Affinity Designer 1.1.2 on MacBook Pro (2.3GHz i7, GT650M 512MB, 8 GB RAM, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1)]

Line Gradient Example.afdesign