gewoonm

Shading on multiple (pixel) layers at the same time

Hi all,

For my artwork I have two pixel-layers, both containing the colours of my drawing. I would like to apply shading on both layers simultaneously using the approach described on Vimeo (*). Basically: adding a sublayer, set to 'multiply' and doing the shading there with the brush tool.

I've tried:

- adding a nested layer to one of the color layers and add the shading there, this works great (but only for one layer)

- adding a shading-layer on top of the two layers, works on both layers but also every layer underneath

How to solve?

I've attached an image of my setup.

Thanks!!

*: vimeo.com/107563044

post-30419-0-56438100-1494052666_thumb.png

Hi Lee D, thanks for answering!

Yes, this is an alternative, but then I have to do this every time I make shading adjustments. So not ideal.

Also, I may run into the problem that the shading doesn't overlap correctly on the other layer (since I can't "see what I'm doing" until copy/pasting the layer as a nested layer)

Not sure I understand the request 100% but could you use a symbol?

Then any changes that you paint onto the Shading symbol will automatically propagate onto all instances where ever they are located.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)