Sign in to follow this  
altsaint

Fixed] Square edge lines losing weight in SVG Export

I have a chart that I have composed using a couple of boxes converted to curves. With the outermost one, bordered in red, the very top should have a weight of 0.9pt. On the afdesign file it does, but on the SVG it has reduced in width for some reason. Any ideas? Any suggested workarounds? 

TIA

dive_times.afdesign

dive_times.svg

I guess there is an obvious workaround, which would be to add some lines over the top of the edge shape in the same colour. I did this, and it resolved the issue. Not very elegant, but it's better than it was.

Just a couple more points on this:

1. I don't necessarily need a response to this issue, as I found a workaround, but

2. The fact that I applied my own workaround doesn't mean that it was my fault it appeared. 

Unless anyone suggests otherwise, I'm of the opinion that this is a genuine bug. Perhaps a very esoteric one and not worth pursuing, but something that hasn't worked as it should.

I apologise that I hadn't replied sooner - the bug should (hopefully) already be fixed in the beta version if you fancy giving that a try? I did test the output svg given your file and it does indeed succeed with creating a much more serviceable file that does not exhibit this strange behaviour with the red line.

Sorry again for not responding sooner,

Matt

Thanks Matt.

Let me have a think about upgrading to the beta release. Right now I seem to have hit a number of issues with SVG exporting, but none have been insurmountable. Everything else I have done in AD has worked, and if I need to amend anything, I have a good degree of confidence in the current version I have (1.1.2).