You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.5.3.66 Fonts not being regenerated?

I'm using MainType to tame my font collection.

I had AD open and opened a file that didn't have its font installed.

I opened MainType and installed this font but the Font cahche of AD didn't regenerater.

I closed AD down and opened again but still the font was not seen by AD yet other programs (LibreOffice for example) do see the font.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Hey, Ken...

What version of MT? If version 7, make sure it is up to date and try again if it wasn't up to date. MT has used shortcuts to pseudo install fonts. The latest update to version 7 actually installs the font(s). Dunno if the above helps or not.

AD should still recognize them in any case. But I have had various issues with my font manager and AD and it uses temporary links. Which is what I want in a FM.

Ken, as MikeW allready wrote you can also check how it acts when you install the font by hand via the system - just to see if MT is the problem or AD, independent from other programms ... :)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

Hi,

the same problem occurs on Official alpha version of Affinity Designer.

I have opened a project yesterday and saw that the font was not inside the c:/windows/fonts directory.

Then I installed it. An information inside AD told me that the cache was OK but nothing occured.

Hey, Ken...

What version of MT? If version 7, make sure it is up to date and try again if it wasn't up to date. MT has used shortcuts to pseudo install fonts. The latest update to version 7 actually installs the font(s). Dunno if the above helps or not.

AD should still recognize them in any case. But I have had various issues with my font manager and AD and it uses temporary links. Which is what I want in a FM.

Hi Mike,

It's the latest version - 7.0.0 build 1032.

It is installed in Windows Fonts folder. Restarting seems to have fixed the issue of the font showing but it doesn't update the file I am using, it shows Arial Bold for the font even though the font dialogue shows the name.

Something's not quite right.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Restarting seems to have fixed the issue of the font showing but it doesn't update the file I am using, it shows Arial Bold for the font even though the font dialogue shows the name.

Something's not quite right.

Mike and I both observed some time ago that although loading a font is acknowledged by the program it doesn't update in the file unless you close that file and reopen it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Mike and I both observed some time ago that although loading a font is acknowledged by the program it doesn't update in the file unless you close that file and reopen it.

Thanks, Alfred.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.