krummenauer

[Fixed] Unhandled exception - Code 0xC0000005

Hi dear,

I updated my windows 10 today and I had the error  "Unhandled exception - Code 0xC0000005", I reinstalled the affinity photo/designer and the same error continues.

Hey krummenauer,

Was this an update to the Creators Update? Do you have an Nvidia card installed? Are the drivers up to date? 

Hi Cris,

Yes, are the Creators Update and I have the final Nvidia's drivers installed! :/

I installed it on another computer and I'm having the same error, all after upgrading from microsoft to Creators Update.

Hey krummenauer,

Do you have Riva Tuner installed? This has been known to cause issues with our apps. I'd recommend removing it if you have. Maybe consider rolling back form the Creators Update too until we have a fix. Development are aware of the issues and we're trying to collect info at the moment so we can look at resolving this. 

I have a lof of errors in AD when I update my laptop to Nviadia Quadro 2000 on Windows 7 Pro. Can we someone sugest what check? I can't find any special trigger fot this error. Someone is crashing when I draw simple object like rectangle, in other place when I resize and move text. I didn't install Riva Turner.

post-50654-0-03395500-1495467175_thumb.png

Is there any update on this? I need Riva Tuner for Afterburner which controls my GPU fans as I do a lot of rendering. AP crashes immediately when I try to start it - totally useless to me.

Yep ... 6.5.0

I am getting through by stopping Afterburner when I need to use Affinity and trying to remember to start it again before I render something. Not ideal but at least it is winter here in New Zealand so the GPU doesn't get too hot. Still, I'd like to be able to set it and forget it.

I experienced this crash on three occasions when going through a tutorial, I have since updated my Nvidia drivers and it appears stable now (windows update 15/6/17  - Nvidia Quadro M4000)

I don't know, but CPU usage is high and it's annoying as hell. Sometimes it just stays at 10% or 30% even if I leave APhoto minimized for some time and do nothing. I think it happens when I copy some part of the image to another image or just open two tiff files at the same time.

I experienced this crash on three occasions when going through a tutorial, I have since updated my Nvidia drivers and it appears stable now (windows update 15/6/17  - Nvidia Quadro M4000)

The app relies heavily on your GPU so double checking your drivers are up to date is the first thing you should do. I hope we can find a solution to RivaTuner. We should have to expect people to stop using other apps because it interferes with our own. I've added everyone's feedback to the report to let dev know this is affecting a lot of people. 

It looks like another forum user found a workaround to the RivaTuner crashes. If you open up RivaTuner and click the + and add the Affinity exe (Photo.exe or Designer.exe) from the install folder and set the Application detection level to None this should prevent the crash. We have tested it and it seems to have done the trick for us. 

*Update* You will also need to add Help.exe and CrashReport.exe from the Affinity install folder as well. 

post-46-0-49204500-1497879404_thumb.png

It looks like another forum user found a workaround to the RivaTuner crashes. If you open up RivaTuner and click the + and add the Affinity exe (Photo.exe or Designer.exe) from the install folder and set the Application detection level to None this should prevent the crash. We have tested it and it seems to have done the trick for us. 

*Update* You will also need to add Help.exe and CrashReport.exe from the Affinity install folder as well. 

attachicon.gifRiva.png

Just tried that and now Affinity doesn't crash the moment I try to start it. Haven't done anything demanding yet but looking like a good work-around. I had just updated Gimp to use that so this gives me back the Affinity option. I still need Gimp for animated Gifs, etc., of course.

Thanks.