You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, PaulW61 said:

The batch export to JPG results in overly dark photos

Sounds like you're trying to batch process raw files. The OP was talking about batch processing TIFF files.

Batch processing does not use the same Develop processing as manually opening the files, so you probably to add a macro to brighten the images.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using the New Batch Job function on the Ipad version, and it makes no sense. You can either choose a source material for images to be moved/converted -- at which point you hit a brick wall with nowhere further to go. Or you can choose an output folder where you want it all to go -- at which point, brick wall, nowhere further to go. Not sure what possible utility there is for this. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, X-Raym said:

It could definitely be on Affinity Designer as well.... +1 for this !

To have the same Batch Job functionality as in AP, I think AD would also have to support macros.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, X-Raym said:

@R C-R so there is batch tools/macros in Affinity Photo that can't be found in Affinity Designer... Is there such things in Affinity Publisher as well ? (batch processing tools missing from the other softwares ?)

There are no batch processing options in APub but its Photo Persona (available if you also have Affinity Photo installed) does support macros (has a Library & a Macro panel).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Shame you can't do that with WebP 😞

Really getting disillusioned with Affinity - for web development it's pretty annoying. I need Photoshop 'Export for Web' where I can see instantly what it will look like as I adjust the size and compression etc. AP's JPEG export is total rubbish as well - the image quality for the same size file is really poor compared to most other compressors. thank goodness for ImageOptim and TinyPNG.com