You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 1.5.3.66 - Pen input

I have tried the new beta with my XP-Pen tablet and I encountered a few issues.

1] Few times staring application and creating a new document (using a tablet) created a blank document with a guide randomly placed in it.

2] Working with tablet causes affinity designer to hard-freeze. I have tried to drawing in Pixel Mode. In log is a line: WinTab: Failed to get tangent pressure info. Creating small resolution file (Web - 1280x700) allows me to sometimes draw (with pressure sensitivity), larger files (A4) leads to application freeze after a partial stroke.

My tablet is XP-Pen Star Series 03 with the latest driver (Dec 29 - 2016 - V8.1.2016.1002, WinTab32 V8.1.2016.906) (10x6”, 2048-levels). System: Windows 8.1 x64 + 8GB RAM + Geforce 755M + SSD. Tablet works well in Photoshop/Clip Studio/Krita/Rebelle etc. In release version of AD is the "drawing experience" same (not so good) as with my Wacom Intuoso CTL-480.

I have included a screenshot. In the screenshot, I have compared lines that I managed to capture from new beta to release version. When it is possible to draw, the line quality and improvements are amazing!
The beta also sometimes breaks the stroke in the middle (lines that aiming outside the canvas). Happens mostly with a fresh canvas, less often after some time. The small straight line at the beginning of stroke is less present, but sometimes it is still there. Non-round brushes (more complex) mostly leads to a hard freeze.

post-42894-0-80694600-1493756033_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reply,
I have reinstalled XP-pen drivers as asked (even cleaned nonpresent devices in device manager before new reinstall) and it has no effect on described behavior (other applications works the same as before).

I have tried to play with XP-pen setting "Supports Digital Ink" (Autodesk Sketchbook requires this enabled for pressure sensitivity). It seems that with this option disabled (I believe it reports as a Wintab-only device) I'm able to draw a few strokes on smaller canvases for a while (with some lines aiming outside canvas). With this setting enabled (? Wintab + Windows Ink ?) I did not manage to do it. The application freezes and crashes after exhausting all available resources.

Wacom and XP-pen drivers are mutually exclusive - Wacom driver must be completely removed for XP-pen to work and vice versa.

Hi All!

I have similar problems to kzidek.  When I create a new document, as soon as the cursor is moved using my pen I get a series of guides randomly populating the page. Although when using the mouse everything works as it is supposed to.  My graphics Tablet is a Huion H610 Pro.  After downloading a fresh set from the Huion website rather than using the ones stored on my machine, I have uninstalled the drivers then reinstalled them, but I am still having the same issues.

Here's hoping a fix can be found.

Kindest regards

Neil

I have been looking around and it is possible that these problems could be common for more non-wacom tablet brands.

The reason is simple - XP-Pen Star03 is a rebrand of Ugee M708 tablet (or vice versa). These two tablets share the same driver (checked newest drivers file-by-file) - the only differences I have found are images with brandings (devices looks the same too). The same driver is also offered by Ugee for models M708/M1000L/HK1060 pro/HK1560/UG-1910B/UG-2150 and by XP-Pen for models Star01/Star02/Star03/Artist10/Artist22HD.

And also there are other less-known tablet brands like Photo-Pal M708 Graphics Tablet (the model number gives it away), Parblo A610 (checked - same driver but older "revision") etc. These tablets look surprisingly similar to Star03/M708 and I believe that these tablets are sharing the same hardware and drivers too.

The XP-pen followed by Ugee seems to have a most recent driver available.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.