You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto increment file names for export

I don't know about anyone else, but I export a lot of "versions" of my project before I'm done with it. Every time I do, I have to change the file-name so that I don't overwrite it. I have used software before, (RawTherapee) which gives a checkbox to add an incremental suffix to the file-name to save me some work. I think that would be an excellent feature for Affinity, for Designer AND Photo, both of which I use frequently. 

Thanks!

dLtOerczIMCkHbUW-Save.png

For God loved the [whole] world so much that he gave his one and only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Yes.... But have you checked does the "Export Persona" do that already? I haven't even tested that feature but I could think it would support it.

I do the same thing, export multiple versions and then look at them later when my brains are "refreshed" and decide what version to start working further.

So avoiding to type (especially on the Surface Tablet with the pen and touch screen) to tap the input name, open the virtual keyboard, move to the correct position, enter "_v22" or something and hit enter. It just becomes fairly boring after some time. 

(Personally I don't get why so many developers really went to this Adobe idea of "export" separated from the "save". As I am after all saving the file, in wanted format and other properties, other than the application own format"). (Yeah... Some developers wanted to pair "Impot" with the "Export" so people get they bring stuff in, and take stuff out...). 

Actually, I've never used the Export Persona till this week. I found out that it does tell you if there's a conflict, but it overwrites the files, not rename them. 

For God loved the [whole] world so much that he gave his one and only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.