begem0t

Ctrl+Space Zoom buggy.

Zoom shortcut is supposed to be Ctrl+Space.

In reality, this only works if you first press Space, than Ctrl.

The reversed shortcut Space+Ctrl seems unique to Affinity :) And surely, this is not how modifier keys are expected to work.

Affinity Designer for Mac has a filed bug about this. Half a year later, is there any progress in sight?

Hey begem0t,

I reported similar shortcuts appearing reversed to development a while back. I'll track it down and link your post to it. Sorry nothing has been done yet  :unsure:

Guys, 

I really can't believe fixing such a simple issue could take a whole year. 

I fully understand that on Mac Apple+Space invokes Spotlight. Nice, but that's a Mac problem. Why Windows version is still broken and constantly catches the user unaware when using Ctrl+Space ?

SPACE is NOT a modifier to the CTRL key,

CTRL is the MODIFIER. You press it first. (For more info, take a look at (any OS) UX guidelines. Well, I'm not sure about Commodore Amiga, honestly. :D)

Please, FIX THIS !!! 

Hey begem0t,

I actually think we are intentionally doing this backwards. Holding Space to enter Panning mode adds a hint on the status bar that says  'Ctrl to enter zoom mode'. Perhaps this is why nothing has changed in a year... 

It's more of a toggle between pan and zoom because the Zoom Tool has its own shortcut of (Z). 

Thank you for the answer.

Can you tell me of ONE other program that had that brilliant idea? 

And, is it too much to ask the programmer who broke the default behavior to unfuck it, at least as a toggle?

Yes this must behave as Photoshop... Ctrl + Space or Space + Ctrl must work, then Alt picker must be fixed also to immediately pick the color... (saw another thread about this issue)

Thanks!!!