You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Picker (Eyedropper in PS) for black, grey and white point in Curves Panel

Hi, I'm sorry my English in advance.

In photoshop's curves panel, I have 3 color pickers for black, gray and white point sample.

If I do double click on these eyedroppers (inside of curves panel) I can put a custom value for black, gray and white.

How can I do this with affinity?

• Staff

Hi chrisdgallego,

Welcome to the forums.

Currently the Curves Adjustment doesn't have the Black,White or Grey point colour pickers yet. You could adjust the points on the curve but this way won't be as exact.  Improvements to the Levels are on the development roadmap and will be added in future updates.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I really hope to see it implemented, the lack of color match features in AP (Color match adjustment layer, and set black, white and black point in curves adjustment layer)  is a big drawback for composition job.

Cheers,
Juan

• 6 months later...

Not to revive an old post, but here we are close to 2021. (Almost Four years since this post)

I hope this is sitting somewhere on the top hierarchy, of the upcoming features road map. (But for iPad version)

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:57 PM, Affinity iPad Student said:

Not to revive an old post, but here we are close to 2021. (Almost Four years since this post)

I hope this is sitting somewhere on the top hierarchy, of the upcoming features road map. (But for iPad version)

I agree  -  this is a great feature in Photoshop, I am using it in particular for colour corrections on (old) photo and slide scans.

Very much needed, indeed!

• 2 years later...

I hope we rather soon hit the part of the roadmap where this feature resides. Using the method with manual adjustment of the curves have never yielded me as good results as PS curves with the the black, gray and white point eyedroppers. It sucks the fun out of doing restoration work. I spend more time and get a worse result to boot.

I sincerely hope Serif will be looking at implementing this sooner than later.

• 4 weeks later...