You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What does Affinity's product line mean for the future?

Hello,

I'm new here and I've heard a lot about Affinity's powerful ability as an real alternative for Graphic designers who want to avoid Adobe and their strictly, monthly payment model (which is not only a cost thing, but also something regarding their flexibility/accessibility).

Just keep in mind: This is not a question about whether Affinity will release their new Update (v1.6) and what to expect or what features are going to be released.

This is more a general question about Affinity's product line.

From what I understand is, Affinity will publish a third beta program called "Affinity Publisher", which will also represent the complete "Graphic Suite" of Affinity, right?

That means, there are no plans to bring out more program packages, but rather more tools that will be implemented in each programs of Affinity's Suite depending on their speciality?

(sorry, for my poor english - it is not my native language)

So if there are no subscriptions and free Updates, how can customers know up to which version they are going to have free updates? I know updates and upgrades are two different things, but in this case it is indeed a little confusing, since Affinity is offering their products free from subscriptions.

So what's the big picture here? :)

• Staff

Hi Joschi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Publisher is the third product in the Affinity Suite line and its geared towards desktop publishing. It's not the complete suite. It's and independent program like Designer and Photo that will work seamlessly with them.

We will continue adding new features to each program to expand their capabilities in the areas they were designed for.

Regarding the upgrades/updates: all minor updates (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.x etc) are free. Major upgrades - from v1 to v2 or from 2 to 3) are paid. You only paid for major upgrades if you feel they worth the upgrade price. Older versions you own will continue to work indefinitely (as long as the OS supports them).