You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

GOBOs

Richard S.

Hi,

Just on the off-chance, does anyone know of any GOBO window silhouettes which have been made available to the community? I can't seem to find any here, but thought maybe someone knows if any are available somewhere? 

They would surely be a great addition, especially for photographers. I have now started to make my own, but I'm having trouble creating an arched window shape :(

Thanks.

High-End Photographic Prints

No, but it shouldn't be difficult to make your own custom GOBO window silhouette designs here. Just setup the black rounded size you need for these and then sketch some white window ornaments etc. on these. You can also reuse some of the thousends free available vector drawings here, or trace some image samples etc. for placement. - However final crafted GOBOs are then later best done in metal, so they are temperature resistant for usage inside of lightstands and projectors etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just out of curiosity, what do you want to do w. the GOBO's? Something for a real light source. or something to overlay a digital image?  

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

I have started creating my own digital GOBO silhouettes to overlay onto digital images.

I'm not looking to create physical GOBOs, as I want to do this post shoot.

Thanks.

High-End Photographic Prints

You can also just use scene matching things and blend them over/in, like for example ...

• post-49706-0-45932400-1493670012_thumb.jpg

However, show us some of your results then!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2