You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys, I've a really quick question. When exporting my SVG's, they're all given a width and height of 100%. And this is causing me huge issues with the program that's using the SVG's. Traditional SVG uses an actual width and height. 

AI currently has a flag option, 'responsive', however I cannot find one in AFD. Does anybody know how to export the SVG with non responsive width and height?

When exporting to SVG see the more button for the option settings on the SVG export panel. Under the setable options uncheck the viewbox setting.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Worked like a charm thanks.

Once more quick question, 

I have a primitive shape (width:32.897pt, height:32.897pt) however, after export they are 138 x 138 in width and height. Is this normal for AFD exporting?

No, maybe you exported the whole doc and not just the selection or selection with background? - Note that when exporting you can setup different SVG export options (for print, web, etc.) also as "whole doc" or "selection with background" or "selection without background". Check your export settings here, if you have a simple shape and export just that selection without background it should be rounded up to 33 x 33 px.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Did you used an Artboard and a document resolution of 300 DPI? - I've did a plain test too, using a plain web document page setup of 72 DPI and there things come out as expected. Though in my case the transformation panel always rounds pt here (32.897 get's 32,9 pt) maybe due to prefs setup. In the final export it get's to expected 33px.

• post-49706-0-14770500-1493586866_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-04439100-1493586906_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-73272000-1493586964_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-47957300-1493586993_thumb.jpg

You may want to test if things come out different when you use a 72 DPI document setup instead for an Artboard and without an Artboard, in order to see if that makes any difference then! - Further I tried this on a Mac version so far.