You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

So, I'm a bit frustrated with Illustrator's chart-making abilities. I see that Affinity doesn't pretend to do as much as Illustrator in that regard, but, I want to ask these questions.

1. I see that there's a way to make a pie chart, easily. Now, if I'm making a comparative chart, could I duplicate one pie and then change its look through percentages? Of just value x .3, something like that?
  2. If I make a bar chart, could I duplicate a vertical rectangle and size it via percentages in the sizes template? Or, again, by just value x .4 or .5?

Will Affinity have more chart-making abilities in the future? I asked about arrow making about a month ago, and, now, I see that there's an arrow-making tool. Cool. I don't believe that was there then.

Thanks,

Peter

• Staff

Hi pb4072,

Affinity Designer currently doesn't have automated charting tools; however, you can duplicate objects and insert values manually - you can use math operations in the input fields, including using percentages - to construct charts/pie charts manually.

I'm unaware of new charting/diagram's specific tools for Affinity Designer, at least not in the short-term. But I may be wrong.

TonyB is the most suited person to give you a definitive answer regarding this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...