You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unhandled exception when exporting to PDF

Hi martinkuzella, and welcome to the Affinity forums.

I downloaded your file, opened it in AD 1.5.2.58, selected Export to pdf (entirely the default settings so exactly as per the file you supplied), exported immediately.  I have attached the resulting file.

Jeff

print.pdf

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Using the Pdf (for print) at 300 DPI preset I see the crash!  No sooner is that preset selected than AD closes immediately, no error message, no crash report, nothing but my computer desktop!

I tested, in turn ALL the default pdf Export presets; all worked without problem except Pdf (for print) and Pdf X-4, both of which caused an immediate shutdown of AD.  Hopefully one of the real experts will see this thread and download the file, possibly also the developers.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Thanks for reporting this. It is triggered by having Allow advanced features ticked, and by the bitmap fill on the stroke. That stroke doesn't make much difference to the result, so you can probably delete it. It's the lowest object in the embedded documents with the hearts. We'll fix the bug for 1.6.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.