You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Affinity Forums Team!

I've not been using AD for that long, but haven't had chance to get my head around exporting PDF with the bleeds, as I could never get them to work correctly.

So for instance.

A5 Document, printer requires 2mm bleed all around.

(A5 = 148mm x 210mm)

with Bleed = 152 x 214mm

Now, if I set the document to A5, and add "Bleed" of 2mm all around - will AD then make the document 2mm bigger for me all around? It doesn't seem to show?

When I export to pdf.. the bleed markings don't show 2mm in.. simply just on the edge of the document???

I've had to make the document actually 2mm bigger to add in the additional bleed bits (if that makes sense)

Any ideas. Attached is the pdf and the ad file.

Torbay-Lottery-2mm-bleed.pdf

Torbay-Lottery.afdesign

**********************************************************************************
Partner at www.printfx.co.uk - Low cost printing at great prices!

**********************************************************************************

In the document setup, set the bleed for 2 mm a around. When you export, click the More button, perhaps scroll down a bit and include the bleed and set the printer marks there.

I am assuming you have your elements that bleed already extended off the page as well.

Mike

I just downloaded the file and looked at it.

In document setup, choose A5 and opt to anchor to the page. This will have the background image so it bleeds off the page. But there will be some detail clipped off when trimmed. I would personally redraw that background image so the top left and bottom left elements can be positioned without the chance of being trimmed off.

Then, like I mentioned, use the More button and set the options for including bleed and the printer's marks.

Mike