You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I hope you can understand my poor English :unsure:

I tried to make a poster from an Illustartor-tutorial. There is a hill with 2 peaks of snow. In the AI-version is a eraser-tool used, to achieve a rough edge of the snow. AD does not have an eraser, so I used the vector-brush-tool. And it worked well.

But the colour of the hill was not satisfying, so I did change it. And also, I wanted to change the colour of the vector-brush. And that did not work at all.

I made a video using the history of AD. There are 2 videos, they are showing a simple version in 2 ways, because it was not possible to record the layer-palette and the history completely on one screen.

I wanted to change the dark blue colour to another one (not that awful green, but it's good for demonstration purpose), either the hill as well as the erased snow, but the snow should stay white. As you can see, that either the dark blue erased object, made by the vector-brush, did not change the colour to green, or the snow became green.

What is wrong? How can I change the colour of the brushed snow from dark blue to green?

Video 1.zipVideo 2.zip

Falls jemand besser deutsch versteht als ich englisch schrieben kann:

Ich wollte das Beispiel für ein Poster, das für den Adobe Illustrator erstellt wurde, in AD nachbauen. Da das Problem jederzeit reproduzierbar ist, habe ich eine vereinfachte Version des Vorgangs aufgezeichnet. 2 Videos deshalb, weil die Farbauswahl, die Ebenenpalette und die History nicht gleichzeitig auf dem Bildschirm Platz hatten.

Ich habe also einen dunkelblauen Berg erstellt, einen hellblauen Himmel und 2 weiße Ellipsen für die Schneespitzen. Diese Ellipsen wurden dann unter den Berg gezogen. Im Original wurde im AI ein Eraser benutzt, um die runden Kanten des Schnees rau zu machen. Da ich im AD keinen Radierer kenne, habe ich den Vektorpinsel mit der Farbe des Bergs verwendet. Das hat auch gut funktioniert. Als ich dann beim Poster langsam fertig wurde stellte ich fest, dass ich die Farbe des Bergs etwas ändern wollte, was ja auch kein Problem war. Allerdings musste ich auch den Bereich, der mit dem Vektorpinsel erstellt wurde, an die neue Farbe des Bergs anpassen. Zur besseren Darstellung habe ich absichtlich ein helles grün genommen.

Damit bin ich gescheitert. gegen Ende der Videos erkennt man, dass ich die Farbe nicht ändern konnte bzw., dass sich die Farbe des weißen Schnees geändert hat.

Weiß jemand, was ich da falsch gemacht habe oder hätte ich ein anderes Werkzeug anstelle des Vektorpinsels verwenden müssen?

I'm making some assumptions based on the history play-back. It seems that you are selecting the circle shape in video 2, and successfully changing its color. But the vector brush shape is what is needed. My guess is that the vector brush shape is nested within the circle. Look at the layers panel, and see if the vector beush layer is inside the circle. Click on it there, and the color should change as you want.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

I used the history, because it is the quickest way for presenting the used steps. And yes, you're right. that the vector brush is nested in the circle, but look at the attaches video:

Video3.zip

When I change the colour, the white snow changes to green, and not the selected brush-vectors. The brush strokes remain blue, although they are selected.

That is confusing.

I think I may have figured it out. When you have the vector brush object selected, change the stroke color, not the fill color. A vector brush object/layer is only a stroke. While the history record says "set fill" it would be clearer if it said "set stroke fill color."

Hope this helps.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet