Hanzz

Trying to create the ideal painting brush

Fantastic and Brilliant work man! Your knowledge on the topic is very inspirational!

Thanks for the great primer, Paolo! Have you played with ProCreate on the iPad? Their brush engine is pretty amazing as well...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Thanks for the great primer, Paolo! Have you played with ProCreate on the iPad? Their brush engine is pretty amazing as well...

Thanks Ronny!

Yes I own Procreate since 1.x version. It is a brilliant app, with a terrific engine.

Anyway I haven't yet found a proper way to place it in my workflow. 

Even if I consider it suitable for production stuff don't feel comfortable with bluetooth styluses and palm rejection doesn't work as I would.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I hear ya @paolo re. the Bluetooth pressure sensitive stylus for iPad... Drawing on glass is very tricky and they definitely have not figured it out just yet... Stay tuned, rumor mills are buzzing about 12" iPad Pro with native stylus support with gyroscope which should enable 3D brush strokes/gestures, ala magic wand. Should be interesting to see what the Cupertino folks bring to the table... I'm sure the folks at Wacom are looking VERY closely....

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra