TrevorJ

Problem recording and/or playing a macro with plugin

Good afternoon. 

I bought Photo and the Neat Image plugin, yesterday. For the most part, they are both exactly what I wanted. :-) 

However, when I try to record a macro in Photo using a plugin step. i.e. with the Neat Image plugin, the macro appears to record properly and can be saved. However, it stops during play at the plugin step (actually, I used only that single step for the macro); The macro does not cause the plugin to run the steps I specified, nor does the macro return to Photo. It seems that either Photo does not record the plugin actions I selected into the macro, that the macro did not send the plugin actions back to the macro recorder, or that the running of the macro does not send the relevant commands to the plugin when the macro is played. So, when the macro is run, it stops in the plugin rather than executing the plugin’s actions I had assumed I’d recorded. 

This is a huge problem when one has many images for which a Photo user wants to use the plugin to perform, say, noise reduction, rather than Photo’s own NR. 

Could you tell me if this is a bug in Photo, a bug in Neat Image, or that, perhaps, I’ve missed something in the recording of the macro for my batch? 

Thanks. 

Trevor Jacques. 

Hi Trevor

I have tried this using the Nik plug ins in a macro and it did launch the plug in. Obviously the macro itself cannot influence what happens within the plug in so this is still a manual step, but it did launch so this may be more specific to the plug in itself. Trying to create a macro usingthe neat image plug in for me did result in a crash so I have passed that on to develoment

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com