You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP/Windows v1.51 Tone Mapping Preset Management

Is there any way to change the default Tone Mapping Persona presets without deleting the supplied presets?  I've made a couple of presets to play around with.  I've deleted the old Default category, created a new Default category and renamed that Default, but a different category always loads.

The problem is that I have to wait for the other presets to load before I can open my preferred preset category; this takes a bit more time to load, especially knowing I'm going to open a different category as soon as I can.

Other than deleting all of the other supplied preset categories, is there any way to make AP open my preferred "Default" category by, well, default?

I'd like to eventually come back and play with the supplied presets, but if deleting them is my only option then so be it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

--JustGeorge

Hmm … in the Mac version, clicking the Tone Mapping Persona button always defaults to the category that was used before. So I would assume this is a bug in the Windows version … maybe it would make sense to file a bug report …

However, do you really have to delete the “default Defaults”? What if you simply added your presets to the Defaults category, until this bug is corrected? You could later export the whole category, re-import it, and delete all the default presets …  :)

Would that make sense?  :)

Alex

Hmm … in the Mac version, clicking the Tone Mapping Persona button always defaults to the category that was used before. So I would assume this is a bug in the Windows version … maybe it would make sense to file a bug report …

However, do you really have to delete the “default Defaults”? What if you simply added your presets to the Defaults category, until this bug is corrected? You could later export the whole category, re-import it, and delete all the default presets …  :)

Would that make sense?  :)

Alex

I might file the bug report.  It definitely doesn't open in the last used category, but in the category at the top of the category list.

Adding my new presets to the category that automatically opens would mean waiting for even more presets to finish loading before I could use the program.  And each time I load another image, I have to wait for all of the presets to finish loading.

I'm thinking I'll go thru and export the un-needed presets, delete the un-needed categories, leaving "my" default category, then import them later on.

I'll ponder this some more before making any rash decisions.

Thanks for the feedback Alex,

--JustGeorge