You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Haze Removal Filter not working in 1.5.2

I have tried the haze removal on a number of raw images, many of which were shot in damp or humid conditions. On most of the images, I can move all 3 sliders extreme left to extreme right with no visible effect on the image. This is especially puzzling because  before my last upgrade I have used this filter with positive results. Are there any other compatible apps or filters that I can use for this purpose?

I've just tried 1.5.2 (Beta) on Windows and can't see any difference between that and the previous release - do you have an old download you can revert to! revert to?  fwiw I've found that the haze removal filter's effects can range from non-existent to startling - have you tried editing any of the previous images where it's been effective?

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

I've just had a play with some images where I get a "startling" effect - once I've applied the filter, using it again has no effect.  I don't know how the haze removal filter works, but maybe it's being rendered ineffective by something you did earlier in your workflow?  Is the haze removal ineffective if it's the first thing you use?

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 2 months later...

Just tested this, using Canon cr2 RAW files.

No filter is available until you press "develop"; the resulting image can then have the Haze Removal Filter applied, and it works without problem.  (AP1.5.2.69, release version)

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.