You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trying to copy an image on top of another image and move it around like I did in Photoshop with no success.  Two separate images. Have tried paste inside and I do see the new layer but it does not show up. Help appreciated, I am looking in help file as well.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Frostydog,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm assuming you are working with two different documents and want to copy the image on one and paste it over the other image on the second document. If so select the background layer in the first document in the LAyers panel and go to menu Edit ▸ Copy. Change to the second document and go to menu Edit ▸ Paste. The image you copied from the first document should be pasted on the top of image in the second document. To move it around change to the Move Tool, click on it to select that layer (if it's not selected already) and drag it on canvas to move it. Let me know if i haven't addressed your issue correctly.

Thank you for your quick response. The first document is a fresh untitled document with a white background. I open up a new .jpg image. If I copy the .jpg image and paste into untitled document it shows up but I can't move it around inside the white background document. 

Never mind I figured it out. It's just different that Photoshop. Sorry to waste your time. I will say one thing. Just experiencing your response is big time impressive and make me want to also purchase your vector program. One thing, does this program have right button context menus?

Thanks again!

Sorry to waste your time. I will say one thing. Just experiencing your response is big time impressive and make me want to also purchase your vector program.

I think you will find that the support offered through these forums from the Affinity staff (& to only a slightly lesser extent from other users) is amazingly good, among the best available for any software of any kind. Most posts get replies within a few hours, often with detailed explanations for anything that might not be obvious to new (& sometimes not-so-new) users.

It is a good idea to refer to the built-in help, the tutorial videos, or search the forums for similar topics before posting, but since that isn't always practical, do not hesitate to post any questions you have. Chances are excellent that at least one person if not several will be more than happy to take the time to help you with anything that isn't clear to you.  :)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7