You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment layer: promote its integral mask to mask layer

If I have an image, above it an adjustment layer, and I've painted on the adjustment layer in order to mask its effect on the underlying image, can I then promote that adjustment layer's mask to a discrete mask layer?

Thanks

Mark

Oops, tried that, selected the layer in question, went to the channels panel, found the adjustment alpha there, control-clicked it, but for that item, no context menu appears (the context menu will appear for the RGB & alpha channels). This is Affinity Photo 1.5.2 for Mac.

Mark

Hi again. Sorry, that's might not be it - the layers panel has the adjustment layer selected, but when control clicking on the channels, for the alpha channel in question I do not get a context menu. I've attached a screenshot to help confirm whether or not I'm in the correct part of AP's interface. I'll try with a different machine this evening in case that makes a difference.

Mark

post-18057-0-03209700-1493305811_thumb.png

• Staff

Thanks for the additional info. I can replicate the issue here. Do the following: ⌃(ctrl) + click between the thumbnail and the alpha adjustment name in the Channels panel (yes that minor space between the two!). It should work. If not try a few times. There's an issue with the UI here.