You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi monipom,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you meant to select objects based on their fill or stroke colour, line width etc, then no, this wasn't implemented yet, sorry.

We have a small dev team here which is already quite busy, so some things may take a little, but this is planned for a future version.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so frustrating. Each time that I think I'll give Affinity a go for this project because eventually I'd like to use it all of the time... I get to a point where I think ah that function must be about somewhere.

Then I do a search. Find similar requests (in this case going back to at least over 2 years ago) and then almost inevitably discover that no, it's not been implemented.

I really like how so much of Designer works and I really want to use it. But trying to do so is frustrating.

• Staff

Hi sambader,

Designer/Photo only have a couple years and is being coded from scratch. It's simply impossible to have all features implemented at this point (even some basic ones).

The dev team is doing their best to cover the gaps but as stated above it's relatively small and need time to develop them. Bear with us while we get there.

A little more feedback - in the end I had to give up on Affinity for now and revert to Illustrator, although I'm going to try and keep using Affinity for bits and bobs...

Anyway - besides the lack of options to select by colour etc. I found the layers panel really difficult to use, particularly where there were many layers grouped together with just the odd layer locked. I soon had hundreds of layers and it was hard to navigate to find the locked layers (to later unlock).

I attemped to use multiple artboards to then export as individual PNG files. In the end this proved really complex. Each artboard I duplicated was regarded as the same (not a new artboard) unless I renamed them individually.

I then had to go through each artboard and set the export options to a bigger size... and at this point I decided it was simpler to copy everything over to Illustrator.

I expect a learning curve and I enjoyed watching some of the tutorials but it's frustrating to do so and then have to give up on using it.

I'll keep coming back as I like the feel of Affinity and I appreciate that not everything can happen at once... but the version of Illustrator I use is now 7 years old and I'm surprised Designer hasn't caught up with that by now.