You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo (Version 1.5.2) - April 27, 2017

Hello,

We would like to build a Macro that includes different layers to build some sort of 3D image impressions including a separate background. Below you'll find the exact steps we've taken so far:

A. MACRO PROCESSING

1) Drag and drop a .jpg image into Affinity Photo

2) Activate Macro

3) Document --> Resize Document to 560px x 395px, Units: Pixels, DPI: 450, Resample: Bilinear, Resample activated/ticked --> Resize

4) Document --> Resize Canvas --> 640px x 640px, Units: Pixels, Anchor: Center --> Resize

5) Click on image with cursor/arrow --> Document --> Flatten

6) Transform --> S: -3 Degrees

7) C&P image, switch to last layer and Transform --> S: +3 Degrees

8) Move edited image (of last/lowest layer) accordingly and enter H-Value with a Delta of -20px

9) Effects --> Gradient Overlay

10) Layer --> New Layer --> Arrange --> Move to Back

11) Choose Flood Fill Tool --> Click into empty area --> Effects --> Gradient Overlay --> Type: Radial

12) Document --> Flatten

13) Stop Recording Macro

14) Add To Library --> Enter Macro name and hit OK --> Don't save the document

B. BATCH PROCESSING

1) File --> New Batch Job process and choose "Save as JPEG"

While the above steps (1 – 14) work perfectly fine when doing everything manually in Affinity Photo, it doesn't so when executed via Macro. To see the difference between Manual vs. Macro refer to the ZIP-Attachment below.

C. QUESTION

How can we build a Macro so that the final image looks EXACTLY like the one shown under manual conditions?

Thanks,

Pat

Macro.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I've been playing with this some more and now i'm getting the same incorrect result when running the Macro my itself or through Batch. Is it possible to export your Macro from the Macro Panel and attach to this thread?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for this Naspat, very helpful. Can you try one more thing for me? When you setup your Batch Job can you add the Macro twice to the Applied Macros section and see what happens for you? This seems to fix the issue for me - no idea why! Anyhow, I will get this logged with our developers.

Hi Leigh,

This is to confirm that if you run the same Batch Job twice the result turns out as expected. HOWEVER: The color looks different! Unless the color remains EXACTLY! the same the entire Batch Job becomes useless (see Attachment including updated Macro).

Kind regards,
Pat

Files.zip

• 5 months later...

Dear Affinity Team

Did these color issues get fixed with the latest release of Affinity Photo 1.6.6?

Have you been updating batch processing features?

Thanks.

Miss C

• Staff
On 04/11/2017 at 7:10 PM, miss_c said:

Dear Affinity Team

Did these color issues get fixed with the latest release of Affinity Photo 1.6.6?

Have you been updating batch processing features?

Thanks.

Miss C

If you can give us more information about the issue you're having with colours in Batch Processing we might be able to help you further :) 

Affinity Photo (Version 1.6.6) Status - November 7, 2017

Hi Leigh,

It's been more than six months now.

Please confirm that the existing Batch Job bug in your new Affinity Photo (Version 1.6.6) has been resolved 100%. Otherwise, customers will still have to rely on Photoshop to perform basic batch processing. To verify whether your batch processing works as expected (and clearly discussed in full detail) follow the steps as shown further above in this thread.

Thanks!
Pat