DarkClown

Pressure based rectangle in AD

Hi Folks,

I'm struggeling with a simple rectangle that has a pressure based stroke (no fill). I'm getting the following result and can't explain the corners appearing in the middle of the horizontal lines. Is it a bug or am I doing something completely wrong?

post-29950-0-91478000-1493206885_thumb.jpg

It seems to work OK and as expected with most other shapes ... (Circle, Triangle, Square with rounded corners) - does show the same effect though with the polygon

On the other side the Ellipse gets problems with intersecting parts of the curve:

post-29950-0-39863800-1493210736_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Timo

HI DarkClown,

For a square or a rectangle you must align the line to the outside to remove this effect.

post-37692-0-82005000-1493230513_thumb.png

Thanks reglico, this seems to be a somehow-workaround! ... but it's not the same (rounded corners outside, corner inside). Question remains: bug or feature?
Cheers

I do not know if I really answer your question, but to have the square corners inside and outside, choose "Square" for the corners.

As your screenshot showed rounded corners on the outside, I had reproduced the same drawing.

post-37692-0-36949200-1493233240_thumb.png

Hi reglico, thanks again for your answer. I experimented a bit with the settings ... and yes, it is a suitable workaround for the bug. It's all about the "Join" and "Align" settings ...
If "Align Stroke Outside" is active everything works fine! If "Align Stroke Inside" or "Align Stroke Center" are active "Mitre Join" is OK, but "Bevel" and "Round" show this bug.

Since one never knows, can someone from serif confirm this as a "bug" or "undocumented feature"? ;-)

Hi DarkClown, thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you, the behavior seems abnormal with some settings and actually looks like a bug.

Regards,

Régis

Hey DarkClown,

Using it as a Mitre Join and possibly upping the Mitre value can improve this. I think it could be done better so I've passed it to development as an improvement. Thanks :)