You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What are the type of work each tool is suitable for?
For example I was designing UI and I have been using artistic tool and I saw there was some spacing around the text. For example when I choose 24 pt text using Artistic tool there is some space while for frame tool it's exactly 24 pt.

I hope I making sense. I wanted to know in what type of design do you use each one of them?

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

Hi Zunaid

We have quite a lot of information in the help about the function of both the Artistic Text Tool and the Frame Text Tool. This should answer your question for you but if you need any more info let me know! :)

Sometimes I can be very lazy in a negative way. Instead of directly checking it out from help. Came online to ask. Too much use of social media. :)

Thank you! I will check out the help.

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

• 3 years later...

The Affinity tutorial about creating a new document doesn't even match what shows on my screen - there is no 'type' box when I go to 'New document', the blank white space bounces around after choosing A4 and Frame text doesn't behave as I would expect. Do you have to create the document solely via a series of text/photo boxes?

Is there a simple tutorial that shows you how to create a document, add text and photos of varying sizes? Or should I go back to Pages? (I am not computer-illiterate :)

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 15.06.31.png

Which Affinity app are you using and which version of it?
Also which video are you referring to?
The current official Affinity videos all show the 'New Document' window as fond in the current 1.8 versions of the apps. Your screenshot looks like it's maybe from an earlier version of one of the apps.

Current official videos: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/learn/

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Ah, I see. The video you linked to was made with v1.7.
Here is the equivalent new video made with v1.8: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/designer/desktop/video/393643770
It is perhaps a little confusing that both are there together I think there should be something in the description of all the videos to say which version they were made with!
The “Type” presets are now displayed along the top of the ‘New Document’ window.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M